Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Tongan Language Week Assembly

                                                        Tongan Language Week Assembly
 Image result for tonga flagImage result for tonga patternImage result for tonga flag
On the 5th of september 2019 the whole school had a tongan language assemble for the togan language week celebration the kiatoa syndicate (room 5, room 6,  room7 and room 8) did a Ma'ulu'ulu. It started at 11:30 but we went early (11:00).

Before we went inside the hall, we had to get ready by getting in line for our Ma'ulu'ulu (a togan dance). There we about 14 people in each line and there were 5 lines, i was in the 3rd line. it was super cold because it was raining and we were not wearing shoes so my feet was sour and could. When we got inside the hall, my brother came and told me to go to my mum and dad to put on costume it was cauld a tupenu I had a headpiece called a teiki.




After I get dressed I ran back to my seat, we had a lot of visitors one of the visitors came up and told us how lucky samoan people and togan people are she said they were lucky because a lot of the kids can talk in those 2 languages. After that the little kids sang the togan alphabet there were fantastic, then pauliasi sang then room 9 boys did a togan dance. Then it was the great togan group.

Then finally it was us the kiatoa syndicate we did great when it was done we had to stay on the sage until everybody left, while I was dancing my auntie gave me 5 dollars. After that I went to my mum and dad and gave them my close then went back to class. When we got to class the office called us we had to go to the hall.

Thank you for reading my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment